Self-review / assessment 


1- Given the work I have done in regards to my blog posts and the blog overall, I believe I have done a good job although there are some factors that would make it better If I was to go back and edit the posts. I could add a few more details per post, which would help captivate the reader's attention and would also give a better representation of St. Lucia. I may have also wanted to add more pictures and also listed the sources of the images I've used and the information I've gathered. Although I have done that for some posts. I haven't done it for all. I do see progress in each post, the first one compared to the latest posts. 

2- It wasn't too difficult to start the blog on blogger.com, although I must say it was somewhat different from the blog site" Tumblr", but could definitely see some similarities. One thing that was uneasy to understand was how to format the layout and the details of your blog. I had to play around with the colors of the headings,, body and titles to get it right. Although I have it somewhat figured out, I  still have some trouble when posting a new post on my blog. Also, I felt as if the information and details I provided were not enough, so I would continue to pull and pull information and was afraid that I would sound a little bit repetitive. 

3 & 4 -  So far I believe I have been putting effort into the assignments for this class, there have been one or two posts where I can say I should have spent more time on it. The post was not detailed enough and wasn't edited correctly. I must admit I did procrastinate in getting that one done. 

5- Yes, one thing I have done is reviewed and revised it to make sure it's grammatically correct and makes sense overall. 

6. It is very common for people to have an uneasy feeling about others reading their personal or general ideas and thoughts. I definitely felt like that in the past, although having a blog in the past helped me share ideas and find people that related to my feelings, ideas, and thoughts. I feel much more comfortable sharing and writing publicly even though I haven't met any of my classmates this semester due to the circumstances we're in.  

7.  At the moment there isn't really anything that I would like to discuss as a whole. I should have made an appointment though, to speak to the professor one on one about the troubles I had with the white borders around my text in the body paragraphs. 

8. A couple of things that I have learned is that you cannot copy from another platform and paste it on the website,  blogger! It was very annoying trying to figure out what I was doing wrong until I spoke with my professor, which she made very easy to understand. I have also learned how that you can add pages to your blog using blogger, unlike other platforms such as Tumblr where you can just add posts and audio files. 

Comments

Popular Posts